segunda-feira, 9 de maio de 2011

Confidence tricks


Reading the article “Confidence tricks” made me realize how confidence plays a crucial part in the process of achieving success as teachers. Getting the confidence necessary to be a distinguished professional is no mean feat, but it can be gained with dedication, organization, preparation, practice and a great attitude to life. One thing leads to another. Dynamic teachers are the dedicated ones who organize and prepare their lessons in order to offer the students the best they can. Such professionals are always improving through  practice.  Practice makes perfect.  The whole article is useful  and the confidence tricks should be put into practice. I must say that I was impressed by trick number four: before you start, imagine yourself in the classroom teaching the lesson.  I trust that if I can do that I will start believing  in my own ability to do the job.

2 comentários:

  1. Hello Silvia...
    First of all I am glad to see you did manage to post on the wiki, at least your blog address.
    As for your post here, I totally agree about the confidence playing a very important role for a teacher to be successful while teaching his/her classes. Preparation is a must, of course and I do agree that the more you do it, the more comfortable you feel. Hence, practice makes perfect.
    Happy blogging!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Hi Silvia!
    Welcome to our virtual classroom. It is great to have you in the group.
    I am glad you liked our first reading text, Confidence Tricks, and I do hope that little by little you will gain the confidence required of a teaching professional. As you might have noticed already and even pointed out in your log, it all boils down to planning. There is no trick to it. It is true that the more you plan in advance, the more confident you get. So you couldn’t have chosen a better trick than number 4. Go ahead and start visualizing yourself in the classroom teaching a lesson:
    • In which classroom will you be?
    • What will you be wearing?
    • How will you be feeling?
    • Who will your students be?
    • Which materials will you be using?
    • What will have happened by the end of the lesson?
    Get ready! This day is just around the corner...

    ResponderExcluir